So you want to Hike the Tour du Mont Blanc, do you?
Sylvia and Brian hiked the entire tour in July/August 2018 on foot, no cheating, and survived. It is the most challenging and rewarding thing either of us have ever done.
For those who might be interested in doing this trek themselves, here is our list of resources.
Above all, we would like to emphasize that this is a challenging multi-day hike in mountainous terrain. Do not underestimate its challenges!
The Tour du Mont Blanc in a nutshell…
- Alps Mountains, France-Italy-Switzerland
- 170 km (103 miles)
- 33,000 ft. cumulative elevation gain
- 9-11 days (not including rest days)
- Strenuous (Because of distance and steep trails)
- Season is July-August
- Max elevation: A little over 8,000 feet
- Hut to hut walking; backpacking possible
- B.I.T. Rating (***** )
Below are links to detailed Logistical Pages…
Some candid reviews and advice about huts *Coming Soon!
What if I have less than eight days? *Coming Soon!
If you want to Tent… *Coming Soon!
Other great Tour Du Mont Blanc sites *Coming Soon!
Our full “How to” post (warning: it’s wordy.)